How to Calculate Solar Cost
- Step 1: Look at your past electricity bills to average out your annual electricity usage. Look for the “kWh” and figure out your average yearly usage.
- Step 2: Choose the calculator for your electricity provider (Utility).Non-CA or FL Residents:
- Southern California Edison (SCE)
- Pacific Gas and Electric (PG&E)
- San Diego G&E (SDG&E)
- Los Angeles Dept of WP (LADWP)
- Burbank Water and Power
- Glendale WP
- Pasadena WP
- Step 3: Enter “Your kWh/year” and calculate!
How to Design Your Own Solar System
- Step 1: Calculate your Solar Array Size.
- Step 2: Determine the Number of Panels you’ll need.
- Step 3: Choose the Inverter Size!
- Step 4: Figure out the array String-Size!
Disclaimer: Our solar calculators estimate the solar cost and size of a solar project. These should only be used as rough estimates, and may be incomplete. A solar installer would be able to provide you with a more accurate estimate.