SRoeCo Solar (pronounced “es-row-koh”) is an independent, solar information website that provides objective, verifiable, solar information and seeks to present it in an easily-understandable way. It is committed to simplifying the solar installation process by providing solar knowledge, calculators, and a sortable, searchable solar panel comparison table.
SRoeCo Solar simplifies solar to help the average person feel more comfortable making an informed decision to install solar panels. More solar is better.
Sorry… as an independent company, SRoeCo Solar:
- does not sell panels, inverters, or other solar equipment
- is not affiliated with any solar manufacturers, installers, or suppliers
- does not recommend specific solar manufacturers, installers or suppliers
- provides all solar companies an equal opportunity to succeed
Q: Who should install solar?
- Anybody who owns a home or building and wants to save money and the environment.
Q: What do I need to do?
- Depends on what you want: If you’re curious about solar, learn a little, then play with our calculators to see how much it might cost. If you’re researching and budgeting, and want to know more, shoot me a message and I’ll try to help answer any questions you have about solar.
Q: What if I want to go off-grid/ use batteries/ use a generator/ etc?
- Sorry, we specialize in grid-connected solar pv systems. Going off grid and using batteries or a generator complicates things a bit. We recommend speaking with an installation professional for anything outside of the scope of on-grid solar electric systems.
Q: Who runs this website?
- SRoeCo Solar was founded and is maintained by Shawn Roe. Yes, it’s named after me because a younger me thought SRoeCo would make a cool company name. I had no idea this site would get as popular as it has. It was originally built to help my 55 year old mother understand why solar was a good idea, what it was, and how much it might cost to put solar on her roof.
Now I simplify solar in the hopes that people will feel more comfortable making an informed decision to install solar panels. I believe fossil fuel energy sources are destroying Earth and I hope to speed up the transition to renewable sources like solar before it’s too late.
I’m an educator, entrepreneur and well-traveled father. Behind this website, I’m a real human.
The data used in the calculations comes from the National Renewable Energy Laboratory Renewable Resource Data Center as interpreted through the California Solar Initiative‘s Expected Performance Based Buy down incentives calculator. As stated in the CSI calculator user guide, the same goes for the information presented on SRoeCo Solar: “The results of the calculator should not be interpreted as a guarantee of system performance. Actual performance of an installed PV system is influenced by numerous factors, and may differ from the results.” The data contained herein is for informational purposes only and is not represented to be error free.
Material presented on the SRoeCo Solar website is intended for information purposes only. It is not intended as professional advice and should not be construed as such. Any use of the information and calculators on SRoeCo Solar for any purposes other than for a general overview or estimated results is not endorsed or encouraged.
In no event will SRoeCo, or their agents or employees be liable for any damages, losses or other expenses arising in connection with this site or use thereof or inability to use by any party, or in connection with any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or line or system failure, even if SRoeCo, or its representatives, are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or other expenses.
If you want to size a commercial or residential solar project, the best thing to do is to get training from professionals. The goal of SRoeCo Solar is to promote the solar industry on the customer-side by simplifying solar information, not to be used as an installation resource by professionals.